Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Like to Move it Move it?!?!

Well honestly in regards to the song... yes I do like to Move it Move it... however, if you've been reading my current posts as well as the post last year in regards to moving... I am not the biggest fan about the packing portion. Both my husband and I have been in complete denial about the whole concept of packing and of course put it on the backburner until the very last minute. So this week was our last week in our Richardson apartment (well technically we have a few more days but this is the final weekend before the big evacuation of our 2nd floor home) before heading north to McKinney. We are both extremely excited... but if there was a way I could just skip this part and have everything conveniently moved and perfectly in its place in our new home... that would be ideal. Ha. But again that's only in my "perfect" world. So this past week has been filled with stuff... and really it has never occurred to me how much stuff a 600 square foot apartment can hold... but let me tell you it is A LOT more than I had bargained for. But the good news is it is slowly but surely coming along. Both Monday and Tuesday my husband and I have spent from the moment we got home to the second we hit the pillow working on packing. The only challenge for me was that I was well asleep by 9:30-10PM most of those nights. Oops. Wednesday I had my second to last class for my alternative teaching certificate... and I couldn't be more excited. I have one more class on October 16th... so a nice little break will do me good. But then I do have about 18 more online lessons and a content test to study for and pass of course... so all in good time. Ha!

I couldn't be more excited about this new chapter in our lives (again minus the packing and actual moving part... we are hiring movers tho... we got a cheap price... plus I know that I have started to gain some muscle in these guns but come on even I couldn't help my husband carry our couches and bed down and up a flight of stairs... wow that just made me think of the Friend's episode where Ross and the crew are helping move a couch up/down the stairwell and he's like "PIVOT! PIVOT!" ha. sorry kind of random train of thought there.... anyway) I'm super excited. I'm excited about living in a new city (suburbia) and a new home (even if it is another apartment). Of course we are doing our best to save for our first home next year... so we're definitely keeping our fingers crossed on that one!!! It's just really been a great year in our lives. Almost our first full year of marriage (in a few months of course) but all good. Anyway wish us luck on this fun adventure... really I just need motivation to pack and not to fall alseep early. So you'll have to come visit our new home in McKinney... looking forward to seeing you there:)

Love,
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I hate moving, too. Yay for almost being done with your classes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails