We've got the RSV Baby Blues...
The respiratory infection, cough and congestion, no fun, baby tears, saline solution, tears of frustration, nose Frieda perfection, temperature, fussy time, my baby can't breath, no sleep, absolutely breaks my heart, RSV baby blues.This picture was taken Thursday morning, and by Thursday afternoon this beautiful baby was at the doctor's office with a positive test for RSV.
Thursday afternoon, I received a text from my husband asking if I could talk. A few texts later when I read, baby girl's having difficulty breathing, you better believe I asked a teacher to watch my class and I ran out to get further details. Then it was explained that little one, being the three month old child that she was, would wake up frantically as she couldn't breath from her nose and didn't know to breath out of her mouth. She also came down with a fever. So at this point, Ray took her to the doctor. I of course went into full new mommy no sleep break down mode. I questioned if it was the flu. All I could thing was to blame the daycare or of course maybe something that mommy brought home from school. Once my clear headed mind prevailed, I reminded myself that she's just building her immune system and babies in daycare get sick all.the.time. It's going to happen. Plus it's the cold season. Then
it was determined that she did have a minor case of RSV, a viral infection that would just have to work it's way out.
That night poor baby was in tears from saline solution, the nose freida, not being able to breath, chest congestion, and continued fever. Her temp was high but we were told to just watch it and if it got any higher to go back to the doctor. That night with humidifier running, baby propped in her bouncer, she slept pretty well. Mama did not. I continued to wake up worrying if she could breath. Let's just say I was a super hot mess when I returned to school on Friday. Thank goodness that daddy could work from home as I have absolutely no days left. I was super thankful when Ray kept me up to speed on our little patient. Friday night still wasn't fun. We were told it may take a few weeks for her to get back to her normal, happy self. Let's just say many tears have been shed over this, and Aubrey has been pretty upset too. But on a positive note, I do love these baby snuggles. I love how she places her head under my chin and wraps her little hands around my arms. Having a sick baby is never fun but I'm glad that we have an extra long weekend to get her better. Thanks again for all of the prayers. It is so nice to have the sweet encouragement. We can't wait for our little girl to be back to her happy baby self and to rid this house of the RSV Baby Blues!
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago


So sorry that you have to go through this! Praying for a quick recovery for Aubrey, and plenty of rest for Mommy and Daddy :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! It has definitely NOT been fun and is a process to a fingers crossed quick recovery... but I sure do love those baby snuggles. Just wish she felt better:(
Delete