Saturday, January 18, 2014

Post Pregnancy Baby Bump: January

I thought doing a Post Pregnancy Baby Bump entry would be fun as well as an interesting way to see how life has changed since pregnancy. It will also be a good way to hold myself accountable for the healthier lifestyle and weight loss that I'm hoping to achieve in the next coming months. So feel free to leave comments and advice for any assistance you may have to get this new mama back on track after pregnancy. 

Number of months: It has been 3 months since baby girl was born.
Total Weight Loss: I have lost about 17 pounds since her birth date and have about 15 plus pounds to go to get back to my pre-baby weight. Sadly it's not coming off like I had originally thought. Since I am unable to breast feed, I'm trying to continue to drink as much water, eat healthier, and continue my work out regimen. And when I say my "work out regimen" I mean the one that was started at the beginning of this week before my baby came down with RSV. So hopefully I can jump back into the swing of things.
Clothes: I am all over the place in regards to clothes. While I think many things should fit, I am sadly mistaken. I am no longer in maternity, as I have given back all of my borrowed pieces, but am still in that in between phase. I have one pair of jeans that fit, some skirts, and some leggings. Thank goodness we do a lot of laundry these days or I would be without options. ha. Plus it is winter so I can layer.
Tiger Stripes: I still have my linea nigra line, the dark line under the belly button and quite a few stretchmarks. I like how I say a few... I have quite a bit but am told these may disappear or will fade. To be honest, I'm not too concerned. I just find it funny that they are mainly on my left side which not the side that Aubrey stayed for many of her weeks.
Symptoms: new mama brain, clumsiness, lack of sleep, head aches... wow, so many similar symptoms ha! I do love that I don't have to get up to go to the bathroom at all hours of the night as well as difficulty rolling over.
Sleep:  Baby girl had done so well at two months, but due to changes in schedule, holidays, and sickness she's not sleeping. If she's not sleeping, mommy's not sleeping. I am exhausted. I do figure this is the new mama norm though. I know it will only get better with time.
Most Memorable Moment: Over the past three months, I have to say I love my baby girl's smile. She seems to recognize my voice and making noises as if she's trying to laugh. I have loved all of her firsts. They are all so very memorable.
Cravings: Sweets and cold drinks. Yep! My cravings haven't changed much since pregnancy. The main thing that has is that I'm no longer eating for two. Now I have less time so making enough time to eat will be key in my weight loss success. I'm not cutting all sweets from my diet, but definitely think limiting my intake will do my body good. Angry fist girl scout cookie season. It's like you knew you were my weakness.
What I Miss: My baby is worth everything I miss. I do want to note what are some things that I do miss since pregnancy and prior... It includes eating for two, baby kicks inside my tummy, naps, restful sleep, and being able to pick up and leave at a moment's notice.
What I look forward to: spending time with my little and husband, growing out my hair, working out, and setting up a schedule for our growing family.

Happy Post Pregnancy Baby Bump post in the works. Let's see how things change next month! 

1 comment:

  1. You can totally do this!!! If you're trying to stick to a lower-cal diet, I use myfitnesspal.com to track my calories. It's free, and most of the food I eat is already logged into their database, so it's just a matter of typing in the food you eat and the quantity. I also measure my food to ensure I'm getting a serving, and not anymore or any less. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails