Sweet Auby
You continue to amaze me sweet girl. I have loved every moment with you. It has been so fun seeing all of your sweet firsts from shaking your rattle, sitting in the bumbo, rolling over as well as your adorable baby smiles, blowing bubbles, and of course baby snuggles. I still find myself having little moments when I'm holding you to thank God for entrusting us with you. We could not be more thankful to be your parents and are excited for our next steps in parenthood.I am so excited to capture these sweet month-iversaries and share these special moments with those we love. I cannot wait to see what this next month has in store for us.
Age: Three Months
Measurements:We will have to wait until her fourth month appointment.
Clothing: While you can still fit into several of your 0-3 month clothing, 3 month seems to fit you just right. You have even worn a few pieces that are 3-6 months. This month it's all about the flannel onesies and cute little outfits that I can add a fun bow or flower. I never realized I would be this much of a girly mama... but I can't help adorning you in pink with sweet little ruffle socks and a headband of sorts.
Eating: You are officially eating 4 ounces every 2-3 hours and can consume a bottle of 5 or 6 ounces at night. You love your food and without fail will start to fuss the moment your bib is put on and will stop the moment the bottle hits your mouth. We love to make you smile while you are eating. It is a sweet little distraction. You also are fully formula due to lots of little issues. Just know that you are happy and healthy and that's all that matters to us. Since we have a great connection and discount, you eat Similac sensitive. We ran out before our shipment had made it in. We switched your formula until we were able to get your regular formula in and boy was that a mistake. It smells horrible and you spit up all.the.time. You also have been poopy several times a day. We can't wait to switch you back Monday when the shipment comes in.
Sleeping: I would have to say that we are grateful for sleep of sorts, but your schedule this month has been all over the place. With visitors, starting daycare, and a change of our schedule, your sleep has been completely thrown off. We do have some days where you will sleep 6-7 hours but this is not the norm. You typically wake up about 3 times in the middle of the night. The last week it has been only two. Our main issue is that after a fun day at daycare you are exhausted and try to fall asleep at 4. When we get home we immediately enjoy some play and tummy time to stretch out your bedtime. Typically you have been going to bed around 6:30 and wake up before midnight and at 2 and 4. We get up at 5 which makes for a pretty exhausted mommy and daddy. I will have to say I do love those baby smiles when you do get up in the middle of the night. I do have to mention that one night this month you slept through the night. Talk about a happy and rested mommy and daddy:)
New Activities:
Your new activities include blowing bubbles, saying "I love you" to daddy, grasping toys, stronger leg kicks, trying to become a thumb sucker:( rolling over from tummy to back, sitting in the bumbo, sitting independently (for a very brief time), wore shoes, copied us by sticking tongue out, began attending daycare and is going to the church nursery on Sundays, first kiss on 12/27 by Bryson, first baby airplane.
Likes: peek-a-boo, looking out, mirrors, Christmas lights, tv, sucking on fingers and hands, sitting up, giraffe toy, looking at books (Moo Baa La La La), chewing on toys, baby Einstein musical table, putting hands behind head when sleeping, play dates, swing, bouncer.
Dislikes: the carrier, hiccups, pacis, not getting food in a timely manner, changing clothes, washing hair, being wet,
Random Tidbits:
- You mainly use your left hand to play with toys and seem to be stronger on your left. This is merely an observation and of course means nothing.
- You celebrated your first Christmas and New Years
- You slept through the night
- On December 9th you told your daddy "I LOVE YOU!"
- You will find a tv no matter where we are. You really enjoy the light and sounds.
-12/28 You sat up by yourself. We are constantly told how strong you are.
- You enjoy three great naps at home.
- This was your first month to wear shoes. You do not fuss about them but will try to kick them off immediately.
- You have been mimicking us a bit. You copied your daddy when he stuck his tongue out at you.
- You love looking into mirrors. You like it when mommy bounces you in front of the mirror and says "Hey! Hey! Hey!"
- You rolled over, sat in your Bumbo, and shook your rattle for the first time on 1/5/14.
- You got your first kiss from Bryson on 12/27.
- You rang in the New Year with several of your besties including Madelynn and Emily (the Twins), Bryson, The Fants, The Dukes, and Mommy and Daddy.
- You became too heavy for the changing pad on the pack n play.
- You enjoyed your first baby airplane.
- You received your first baby boo boos. You scratched your face twice. It broke mommy's heart. We had to put hand sockies on your hands in order to let those scratches heal.
- You may also have your first tooth coming in. You are very drooly and suck on your fingers/hands constantly.
- You love your cell phone.
- We enjoyed a lot of facetime with family this month. Your family sure does love you!
- You started daycare this month sweet girl. You are in the whales group. You seem to love your teachers (lots of big smiles). We are told that you typically don't nap much but it is because you are awake and taking it all in. You love watching the bigger kids as you are the youngest in the classroom.
- It was hard not staying home with you sweet girl, but just know that everything we do sweet Auby is for you. I am already counting down the days until Summer. I see a lot of cuddle time and play dates in your future my little girl. So here's to the next month and all of the excitement in between.
Watch her grow and change!



Who is your formula discount and connection through? I plan on nursing Nash so we won't need much formula. With Pearson we never had to buy any formula because we only used samples we got in the mail. Pearson never got that much formula but we definitely needed some when I started weaning him. I plan on doing the same with Nash, but we haven't gotten any samples this time. :(
ReplyDelete