Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Soup: January 26, 2014

This Sunday's soup is seasoned with a sick baby, a day off, some tummy time, space travel, a date night, and a trip to the park. This week was filled with its ups and downs and everything in between. So sit back and take in this week's Sunday Soup: January 26, 2014.

1. The Thursday before, our baby was diagnosed with RSV. Daddy stayed home Thursday and Friday. With Monday being a day off with MLK day, mommy stayed home Monday as well.
2. With a sick baby, we made sure she had lots of rest.

 

3. Baby says she's only a little bit sick as she plays with her new dolly, baby Lucy. 
4. As our baby got a bit healthier, she enjoyed some good play and tummy time. Aubrey says, "Hey, I think this thing is supposed to play music. I'm a little bit confused.

5. Daddy enjoyed a day off and tried a water deprivation chamber. Daddy's "space ship travel" was amazingly fun, but as he said was basically an expensive nap. The night before was a bad sleep night with baby and instead of enjoying the dark pod filled with salt water, he fell asleep instead. 


6. Friday night, I enjoyed a night with my two greatest loves. I couldn't be a happier mama and wife! I love these two more than words.


7. After days of frozen temperatures, Sunday provided a gorgeous day of playtime at the park.


8. Sunday night, we met with our ABF for a leadership and planning meeting.


 After much prayer, we are excited about our new Engage Initiative, The GROW Initiative: Giving Riches in Other Ways. It will be a wonderful way to serve others and show God's love to all people.



This week has surely been a week of ups and downs. Our sweet girl being sick, sleepless nights, the craziness of school and going back to work, trying to fit in a new work out schedule, and being mommy.wifey.andteacher has been a true challenge. While I have been met by many days of exhaustion and tears, I am thankful for the privilege of being all three and know that a balance will soon find me. So here's to next week and to the smiles, the snuggles, and the blessings in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails