Sunday, January 5, 2014

Aubrey's First Day of Daycare!


Thursday was Aubrey's first day at daycare. It was definitely a day I was dreading. I had cried my eyes out an unthinkable amount of times. My wish would be that the days would just stretch out so that I could spend as much time at home with my little one. But as time did, it flew by and it was time to drop little Miss off at school. On a side note, please know that I absolutely love the daycare that we chose for Aubrey. I have not only heard wonderful things, but the staff is great, and I have a sweet co-worker and friend who's child attends there. I had heard so many times how difficult it was to send your child to daycare. So I had asked my husband to take some time off so that 1. It wouldn't be so hard to do it alone 2. I could keep my mind on other things 3. We could enjoy date days just the two of us. Well with all that being said, it was still pretty darn difficult. I have to give myself credit. I did extremely well that morning. I got us up and enjoyed a bit of play time with her. I dressed Auby in a cute little outfit. I only stalled a few times to take a couple of "first day of school" photos. Aren't they adorable?!?

When we arrived, I assessed the room for the billionth time. All the children were so happy and the teachers so sweet. I knew she would be in great hands... I only wish those hands were mine or my husbands but understand that this is the next best thing. No tears until we left and I got into the car. Later after brunch I saw her blanket and about lost it. My co-worker friend sent me a picture about 30 minutes after drop off and just explained what a happy little girl she was, alert, and just looking at everything. Talk about melts this mama's heart. Later that afternoon, we couldn't get there fast enough. Did these cars not understand that I needed to get to my baby? Seriously:) When we came to pick her up, we received a great report... minus a nap, but was happy as could be. I absolutely know that this is normal and am just so happy that she's happy. I couldn't wait to just hold my baby. A few tears were shed... by mommy and daddy.

Sadly she was a bit fussy and went to bed about 5PM. I can't get over these sweet cuddles and these adorable little hands. It's all for you baby girl. I know that the days will get easier. You are such a sweet, laid back little lady. We are so thankful for such a great place and excited to see how our little baby will change and grow from these experiences.


2 comments:

  1. They get better at napping at school. The first week or so Landry only slept like 30 min per day. Now he sleeps 1-1.5 hrs. There are still days when it is hard to drop Landry off at school, but I know in the long run we are doing what is best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true - The Pups would not be very good substitutes for daycare, even though they'd love on Aubrey! :) Glad to hear you survived the first day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails