Ray and I both enjoy watching Top Chef. This season, Ray raves about the blue chef's coat and how he would love to have a legit coat. I love my husband's passion for cooking. He is super creative and makes some very delicious dishes. For Christmas, I decided that I would purchase a coat and create a fun quick fire challenge for him.
Before Christmas, I had sadly ordered his gift a bit late. I know... wife fail. oops. It was not only out of stock the first time I tried to order, but then sadly went on backorder until the first of the year. I did not know this and was actually nervous that it had come as we were out of town and may even have been taken. After checking the tracking, it was right on schedule... and actually arrived a day early.
His choices included tortillas, pretzels, lemon, bread crumbs, chili powder, honey, nutella, peanut butter, and bowtie pasta.
With time to spare and 7 items selected, my Top Chef made this delicious creation.
honey fried chicken wrap with honey dijon and lettuce
Our meal was delicious and my Top Chef would not be packing his knives to go anytime soon. I was glad I could be his sous chef (sorry for the previous mispelling lol) as we enjoyed a great Top Chef inspired gift!

What a fun little gift and date to had planned. Now you need to have Ray teach Matt how to cook. I would loves break in the kitchen every now and then!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! What a great personalized and thoughtful gift. Joel would burn the house down if I let him do more than stir and set timers!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! I do love his passion for cooking. It is really nice to have that hobby together. His food does come out way better than mine:) I like to make things pretty and pretty much any desserts!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this! We watch Top Chef too, but I would have never thought to turn it into a date idea. I may have to steal this idea sometime!
ReplyDelete