Well I have to be honest.
I am not a Shopaholic. I do not suffer from the spending blues or really know much about it. Don't get me wrong. I love looking at clothes and wish I had this or that. But I've never been someone who is familiar with the latest trends or has an abundance of clothing. I go to my few select stores and find an item of clothing every now and then.... but I'm really looking to expand my wardrobe. I'm kind of in between sizes and am looking for things that are nice but comfortable. I am allergic to a ton of different fabrics which make clothes buying a bit of a challenge. Cotton is my best friend and enemy. It shrinks, gets holes, and really doesn't last as long as some of the nicer pieces but oh I love the feel of softness and the plain comfort of cotton. Anyway I was just wondering... what are some of your favorite stores? Where do you find your jeans or work pants? Those seem to be one of the biggest challenges I'm facing these days. I need some stretch. Ha! Anyway looking forward to slowly expanding the wardrobe and making a style of my own... inexpensive, comfortable, and classy:)
My very favorite jeans come from J.C. Penney's and they are the a.n.a. brand. For me I really like them because they come in size petite that actually fit me (most of the time petite pants are still too long for me...sad, I know), but anyways, I own 2 pair of a.n.a. petite STRETCH jeans and they are so comfortable (and cute)! I do the most shopping at Kohl's and Old Navy (for tops only) and for bottoms I do the best at J.C. Penney's and sometimes Target. I feel you on the shopping drama; I'm so hard to fit, so it's so hard for me to find clothes that fit my shape correctly. Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteA trick on your tops - hang them to dry, even if they say "Tumble Dry Low." It takes longer, yes, but it keeps them from shrinking, getting fuzzy things, getting the 'worn' look so quickly, etc.
ReplyDeleteJeans -have to splurge on at least a pair of designer jeans. You can find good deals at Nordstrom rack. Ann Taylor Loft has everything you need. Also target for basics and accessories. H&M has cute stuff like fun colored jeans for cheap. Francesca's is good for really trendy stuff. Also I have grown to like the j crew outlet. Sort of addicted to shopping!! Lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the great ideas ladies! Daniela... one of our next dates should definitely be a shopping one:)
DeleteI'm with Amy on hanging things to dry. Something else I do to preserve my clothes is wear them more than once between washings...depending on the item and my activities while wearing it. Also, I wash most of my clothes on the gentle cycle.
ReplyDeleteIf you buy new jeans, all of the dark washes these days bleed really badly onto other clothes, so you HAVE to wash your jeans inside out.
Favorite stores: Kohl's, Banana Republic and GAP outlets
We really need to go shopping, Lady!!!