Monday, October 22, 2012

State Fair of Texas 2012: Sunday Funday

Our Zellner Sunday Funday took place at the State Fair of Texas.
After a morning trip on the dart and many stops later, we met up with our favorite Duke friends to enjoy a fabulous afternoon of fried food Fair fun!

 

With map in hand and very hungry tummies, we made our way to the designated fried food spots to try out some of this year's award winners. My sister-in-law, Rachel's facebook status, said it best, "About to break the caloric bank at the state fair." And boy was she right! Our fried options included...

Fried Mac and Cheese Sliders and Fried Jambalaya
and of course fried peanut better, jelly, and banana sandwich better known as "the Elvis."
 Adam and Steph sampling some fair food
After we had our fill on fried food, we decided to make our way around the park. Becky and Todd found a ride at a Haunted Mansion and decided to partake. They said it was super cheesy but really enjoyed it:)
I am all for Halloween and Haunted theme houses as this was such a super cute picture... but those clowns behind them were super creepy.

Our group then made our way to the Ferris Wheel. Since this was Stephanie's and our family's first time at the fair it was determined that they needed to enjoy a Texas-sized ferris wheel with a view.

The Zellners
Waiting in Line
Three of the Zellner Kiddos
Adam and Steph
Todd and Becky
Waiting in Line
A view of the Fair from above
After the ferris wheel, we went to see a craft show, the petting zoo, and dine on some fabulous red velvet funnel cake.


At about 4:00 we were pretty faired out, and decided to make our way home.
Our Zellner family would be leaving shortly for their trip back to Houston, and it was time to say our good-byes.  


I sure love my family and friends and am so thankful for Sunday Fundays just like this:)

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I love the fair!!! How were the mac and cheese sliders??? I LOVE that you still have your backdrop from the ABF Fried Cook off up!! You are getting some good use out of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fair is such a great tradition! My family goes every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y'all had such a fun day!!
    You are so brace for going on the ferris wheel!! I can do any and every roller coaster under the sun, but I definitely have to pass on the texas star! Haha I'm a wuss :)
    So glad you had a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails