Number
of weeks: 18
Measurement: right around 18
weeksBaby Size: According to the Bump, our baby is the size of a mango. The baby is about 6 inches long and weighs approximately 8.5 ounces.
Interesting Fact: The baby is working on it's five senses. Nerve cells for the baby's sense of taste, sight, hearing, touch, and smell are developing in the brain.
Heartbeat: ?
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Total +6.1
Pregnancy Clothes: I love maternity clothing so very much. I can still wear my shirts but do enjoy the longer, stretchier maternity shirts borrowed from friends at this point. Also my one pair of non maternity stretch jeans are starting to feel snug. That will be a sad day when I must retire them.
Tiger Stripes: Not due to pregnancy. No current stretch marks. But I have some lotion ready just in case.
Sleep: This week, I am doing pretty well. My early mornings should be attributed to Toby and going to the bathroom between 2-3 times a night which has also lead to many bruises of running into doors, walls, and whatnot being mostly asleep when I do. I can still somewhat lay on my tummy but quickly turn. I am still able to sleep on my back as well. I am getting more stiff and kind of feel like an older lady when I do try to get up at times. It's a pretty funny sight.
Most Memorable Moment: This week was teacher appreciation week. It has been a wonderful week at school, including final days of testing, special teacher lunches, and even a 15 minute massage at school.
Cravings: Sugar and sweets! While I have always loved sugary items, I can definitely say that is all I am wanting these days. I would also include fruit into the craving rotation as well since it does have a good natural sugar as well.
Gender Predictions: I am back to boy. I'm just so excited to have a countdown until we find out the gender.
What I Miss: Pepsi, cherry Coke, sweet tea, and cookie dough.
Emotional Moment: I don't think I was too emotional this week. I did break down and bawl like a baby over several shows this week and any type of Mother's Day commercials.
What I look forward to: I cannot wait to find out the gender, set up the nursery, and get some things checked off of our to do lists. This summer will be a perfect time to get ready for baby!


I keep meaning to ask you if you have felt any baby movement yet? 18 weeks-ish is when I felt it for the first time...and I could only feel it when I was laying perfectly still and not moving because the movement is so faint - it really is like little bubbles in your tummy. But starting at 20 1/2 weeks was when she started kicking hard enough that Michel could feel it too which was most exciting!!
ReplyDeleteI can! I actually thought I was feeling a little light fluttering around 17 weeks but am only guessing. I really can feel movement. Ray is so happy but jealous as I know he really wants to feel the baby too. I told him soon enough and he'll be feeling some pretty heavy kicks soon:) It's so fun!
Delete