Number
of weeks: 17 weeks
Measurement: right around 17
weeksBaby Size: According to the Bump, our baby is the size of an onion and weighs approximately 5.9 ounces and is 5.1 inches long.
Interesting Fact: The baby is turning cartilage into bone and growing some extra fat on its bones. My favorite part is feeling our little one move and groove and knowing our sweet baby can hear and start to recognize our voices.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +4.8
Pregnancy Clothes: I have been absolutely blessed this week and have received several friend's maternity clothes to borrow. This has been wonderful as I am 100% in maternity pants and long skirts these days. I love maternity shirts as they are extra stretchy and longer than my usual ones. I still do wear my shirts from time to time, but oh how I love nice but comfy clothes as my body is sure stretching.
Tiger Stripes: Not due to pregnancy. Not that I have noticed at this time. I'm sure they will be on their way. Thank you Kristin for sending me your extra coco butter. I do have a rather silly story about stretch marks this week though. Ray was talking to baby and noticed three small red stripes on my hips. He was like "Wow those are new." I quickly looked and realized that was where Toby had jumped on me to say hello. I told him it was the dog and he said, "yes probably not the best way to say that next time." It was pretty priceless:)
Sleep: This week I am starting to go to the bathroom between 2-3 times a night. I sleep pretty well. I sleep mostly on my side as tummy sleeping has gotten pretty uncomfortable. I do sleep on two pillows to help with elevation of my head.
How I feel: I have felt pretty good this week. I had only one nosebleed on Monday and pretty good energy throughout the week. This past weekend however, I was out. I probably slept a good 12-14 hours on Friday night alone and napped throughout the day on Saturday.
Most Memorable Moment: This week I spent some really great time with friends that are mamas or soon to be mamas this week. It was great to share stories and receive advice.
Cravings: I don't think my cravings are all that weird if you can really call them cravings. Things that I really enjoy eating right now are pie, cheese, and queso which is cheese but should be in its own food group.
Gender Predictions: Ok, I've decided I need your suggestions. Here are the signs and you can send me your guess:)
- Heart beat between 166-155bpm, nausea in first trimester, sugar and sweet cravings, a nurse friend suggested potential boy parts at 10 weeks, dry skin, ok emotional status (may be different if you ask my husband;) What are you gender predictions?!?!
What I Miss: This week I sure missed some raw cookie dough.
Emotional Moment: It was all about broccoli this week. My husband who was seriously only trying to make a deliciously healthy meal, made broccoli as my veggetable side. Sadly for those who know me I hate broccoli as I really am not a fan of the taste or texture. I had a small meltdown to say the least.
What I look forward to: I cannot wait to find out the gender, set up the nursery, and get some things checked off of our to do lists. This summer will be a perfect time to get ready for baby!


So tiny and already so loved. Take care of our little one.
ReplyDeleteMy guess is a girl! Can't wait to find out!! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know why, but my true guess says that you're having a boy. However, all your signs point to girl. A sweet/sugary craving is definitely said to be higher when carrying a girl, the HR is fairly high, and I can't remember if nausea is a sign of having a boy or a girl. So I'm sticking with the fact that I think you're having a boy, though you do have some signs that point to girl. Maybe you're just carrying a boy who likes sweets :) Can't wait to find out!!
ReplyDeleteI say boy!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny as most signs point to girl... but I too am thinking boy. In less than two weeks we'll find out!
ReplyDelete