Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Has Sprung, Snoopy Dinner, and Changes in the Air!


Welcome Spring!


Spring has officially sprung here in North Dallas. Spring Break is right around the corner... and by around the corner I literally mean we have a half day with the kiddos tomorrow and then it is one full week of rest and relaxation! While I do not have any large travel plans, I do have several fun lunch dates with sweet friends... and I could not be more excited about it. But before my week off officially begins we had a few fun things this week at school that I would love to blog about. We enjoyed a fun lesson on the ocean and crafted cute projects like stamp fish bowls and crayon relief color pages. We read books including One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Commotion in the Ocean, and Rainbow Fish. The week following Spring Break we will enjoy a week of birthday celebrations. You heard me right. We are having a full party week:) It will include balloons, candles, birthday hats, sweet treats, and of course lots of decorations. I am so excited!
Monday night I attended the twentieth anniversary of Chez Snoopy.



The school cafeteria was transformed into a western cafe where Dickey's BBQ was served. Each third grade student then had the opportunity to operate the restaurant from wait staff such as the hostess, waiter and waitress, and manager, chef, and so forth. The kids were fabulous. What an amazing opportunity for students to gain real life experience and responsibility plus the food was absolutely delicious. Two thumbs up for great food, great wait staff, and great friends to dine with including two of my favorite teacher and TAs. Here is the cute invitation that was sent out.


In other news, I have finally made a decision about my second job at the church. While the main goal was to gain further experience in the education field, there were just a few too many obstacles in my way. I truly felt God was really sending me a message. Talk about the irony. This picture... while not the cutest of me... was taken by one of the kiddos I teach on Wednesday nights and look at the painting in the upper right corner. I couldn't say it better myself. It says, "I need to make the wise choice!" So this past Wednesday was my final day in childcare at the church.



I will for sure miss the sweet faces of those kindergarten through second graders that I saw each week/weekend but am happy to be going in a different direction and focusing and saving my energy for those six kiddos I teach on a daily basis. And just as a side note, I never realized how excited I would feel to teach one of my little girls another word. She says "hi" and "eight." While this may seem of little significance it seriously means the world to me. Life is definitely about small victories but they are victories none the less.


I am definitely excited for all that is to come after Spring Break. I hear that the school year really takes off as time absolutely flies. I am so excited to move forward in my process to becoming a full time teacher and all that will lead to. For now, I am excited to enjoy our last day of school and half day for the kiddos before a week long vacation. I wish you all such a wonderful time and of course more blogging and changes to come.

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails