Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Falling for You!

I love FALL! I love the coolness in the air, the changing of leaves (if that's possible for Texas), warm jackets and sweaters, the occasional scarf (as seen in this picture), cool walks with the puppies, festive decor, food, and of course the holidays spent with friends and family.

The past few days have been so much cooler than the typical 100 degree Texas weather and I cannot wait until I can officially pull the jacket from the closet... Oh wait... that was today! I was honestly too excited!

For this year... living in our new home and ALMOST newlyweds excites me even more. I am absolutely looking forward to all the holiday activities and can't wait to document them:) Of course that means MORE PICTURES!

Last weekend Ray and I did the first of many of our holiday funtivities... we bought pumpkins from Kroger... now these are little baby pumpkins that we intend to paint next weekend when we have some free time. I love pumpkins!

...And then it hit me... Even though we are about a month from the wedding and sometimes I feel like we are booked solid for meetings and details... I don't think I would be able to just forget about our Pumpkin Carving Party this year. For Halloween my girls and I are getting all dressed up and going out for my bachelorette party... which I am super excited about, but even with all that is going on... I love our pumpkin parties!!!

For that very reason, Ray and I decided that we will be hosting our Annual Pumpkin Carving Party in Richardson at our new apartment.

And I do realize that we are all so busy and many people might not be able to attend. BUT regardless if it is on the weekend or even during the week... our pumpkin carving party will live on and we will continue to hold this event for many years to come!

More details will follow when we have an exact date picked.

Here are a few pictures from our previous parties.

Our ridiculously large pumpkins from last year!


Ray & I with our pumpkin October 2008


Our group Pumpkin Carving Party 2008


YUMMY PUMPKIN?!?!


Michael and his argyle pumpkin! Rock on!


Of course some smooshy face pictures have to be taken:)


Pumpkin Seeds have to be roasted... some hotter than others. Uh Hummmm! Ha!


Most importantly fun must be had by all!



I cannot wait until this years Pumpkin Party as well as all the other holiday events to follow... including our annual Thanksgiving Shindig !

Our group really knows how to celebrate and give thanks! Each year our group has a Thanksgiving Party hosted by Ms. Kaylan Williams herself. Everyone is in charge of bringing some type of dish/side item/drink/etc. And I will have to say that we have become very sophisticated since college. It is definitely one of my favorite holiday activities... Plus... I am reminded of those that I have been blessed to have in my life. I am so thankful for each and everyone of them!!!

Here are a few pictures from last years Thanksgiving Funtivity!

Thanksgiving Group 2008 (plus Brandon)


Kristin is usually in charge of the deviled eggs... and sadly I eat most of them. But I will allow it:)
So good rule of thumb... this year we might have to double the batch:) HINT HINT j/k!

Happy Holidays... a little early;)

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails