Enjoy our little boy's story. A story that was written before us. A baby that was perfectly planned and given to us by the grace of God. We are so thankful to be his parents and begin our adventures as a family of four.
Liam's Story
For weeks we waited (impatiently) for our little boy's arrival. While pregnancy is a true miracle and blessing, I have to be honest and say Liam's pregnancy was not an easy one. But knowing he was growing big and strong inside me, I could take on the world (just with a few more aches and pains this go round). At 37 weeks I had found I was already dilated and progressing quite quickly. My goal was to make it past Spring Break and then little man could arrive any day. Of course our he had different plans. He sat cozy for the next few weeks. At my final appointment on week 39, I found myself at the doctor's office not feeling well (nothing new). He told me that my blood pressure was the highest it had ever been. Secretly I had been wanting to just be induced as we were so ready to see our little boy. But when the doctor peeked his head back into our room during the appointment and asked how would we like to have a baby the following day, my heart leapt into my throat. It was everything I had hoped for. I just couldn't believe the day was finally here. Thursday we would be meeting our little boy and our family of three would once again expand to four.
With bags packed and a special dinner and play date with big sister at Chick-fil-a, we dropped off Aubrey at the Fants (Blog post to come), and spent one final night with the husband. With overwhelming excitement and knowing that we would be awake at 5AM to be at the hospital by 6AM left us with minimal sleep (typical for parents with newborns). We couldn't wait to welcome our little love into the world.
Liam's Arrival March 24, 2016
I have to say going in to be induced left me with a lot of questions. Would it be a faster delivery? How would I feel? Would my water brake on its own this time? Would the epidural work? How big would my baby be (even if 39 weeks is considered full term)? Of course you can see I never worry. Ha! Understatement. Even with all of these thoughts on my brain, I was rather calm the morning of his delivery. We arrived to the hospital and I was quickly put on Pitocin by 6:30, a medicine to start contractions. By 8:00 I had my epidural put in (it was amazing). A few hours later after still being able to feel my feet, move around, and only had minimal numbness, I did get an extra shot of "juice" just in case. Throughout the course of the morning, I took several naps, caught up on a few updated text messages from family and friends, chatted with my love, and then my water broke. By 2PM it was time to push. By 2:05, Liam had arrived.
Our Liam was perfect!
I absolutely adore this picture of our little guy including his squishy face and his head full of hair. We also think it is so fun that he looks a lot like his big sister. We are such proud parents of this little guy and could not wait to share him with friends and family.
"How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he brings;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives
Liam is coming today!"
- Ray (daddy)
- Ray (daddy)
My heart melted when Aubrey met her baby brother. She came into the room with her "Big Sister" shirt on and said, "Dat's Liam right der. He's sleeping." She peeked into the blanket at her baby brother and even softly touched his head and kissed his face.
Liam's story will forever make an impression on our hearts. Our lives will forever be changed and while I know we will face our fair share of challenges more importantly we will also share in the beautiful moments of life and the craziness of parenting two babes. So bring on the sleepless nights, the newborn diaper changes, and the baby tears. This mama is so excited to hold my babies tight and to know that our crazy adventures in parenthood have officially begun.






No comments:
Post a Comment