Dear sweetest daughter,
I have to say that you make my heart smile more times that I could ever count. You continue to amaze me daily and I could not imagine our lives without our little. I love my job as a mama. It is the greatest and most special job in the entire world. I love having my summers off so that I may stay home with you sweet girl and enjoy a summer as a stay at home mama. We have so much fun together. I love that your little personality continues to grow each day. Your new faces, new sounds, loud screams:), sweet hugs, open mouth kisses, and new play toys continue to make me laugh and love you even more.
As summer grows to a close, my heart is aching a little bit more each time. I know that I am so lucky as not every mom gets to have this opportunity, which I remind myself constantly. But it still doesn't make leaving you any easier. Will it be hard to say good-bye to you next Tuesday as you go back to daycare and I prepare for school next week? The answer is obvious. I know that you will be so good and enjoy your sweet days with friends. You will find great adventures while crawling/walking around in your new environment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you are moving up in rooms as you are no longer a little baby. But for this next week, I'm going to enjoy the adorable newness in all of your new exploration... even if that means chasing you down and kindly guiding your hand away from chords, the fireplace, and stray dog hairs. So as I write this while you are sleeping, for today I'm leaving the house an absolute mess and can't wait to see you in an hour when you wake up. So while I'll be saying good-bye to my summer as a SSAHM (Summer Stay At Home Mommy), I will be enjoying all of our sweet time together! Bring on the hugs, the sloppy kisses, and even those loud baby screams. I love you sweet girl!



I remember those days. Although I did not teach for too many years, I do remember the special summers. It will be a difficult transition for you all, but you can start the count-down for next summer!!
ReplyDelete