Saying good-bye is always bittersweet and this time I feel exactly that way.
The Pontiac was my first car. My parents gave it to me in high school. It was a perfect little car and we had over a decade of memories together. But sadly over time she had a lot of wear and tear that just made her a bit of a handful. For a few months, Ray and I have been discussing alternatives as she sadly will not pass inspection. From wiring issues to no air conditioning/heat, the back two windows refuse to shut, and honestly we could have had small animals living in there from time to time, we realized it was her time. This week we donated her to Texas Can Academy. Cars for kids. They picked the Pontiac up on Wednesday. I didn't know it but it was really sad to not see her just sitting in the drive way when I got home. Now it's kind of nice having the extra space at home but I am definitely thankful for the memories I had with her:)
Matt was sad too, when he got rid of his old truck. :( we donated to Texas Can as well... At least you can deduct it from your taxes!
ReplyDeleteTotally true. It's just so strange how attached you can get to a big hunk of metal:)Well at least it's going to a good cause!
ReplyDelete