Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Sick Nose"


Since Sunday I have been pretty under the weather. From a running nose, cough, sore throat, and sinus congestion, I was pretty miserable. Typically I'm not a fan of going to a doctor since I typically self diagnose the problem. I usually get about 3-4 sinus infections a school year and know that if left to run its course it would take about 2 weeks. If I went to the doctor it would cost from $200-300 with the visit and medication. I usually weight my options and choose to let it run its course with a side of Tylenol cold and flu, a box of tissues, and a very sad and pathetic two weeks of feeling lousy. With all that is going on here in Kindergarten from testing to conferences and taking care of my 19 amazing kiddos, I just couldn't do it again this time. By Wednesday I advised the team I was heading to CareNow and would pay whatever to get better. It was also Wednesday that one of my sweet kids brought me tissues from home and said, "I wanted to help your sick nose feel better." It melted my heart and I knew it was time. I was right. I ended up having a pretty bad sinus infection and ear infection to go with it. By Thursday afternoon and 12 pills later, I was feeling a lot better. I am definitely not 100% but know that it is quickly working its way out the door. I still have some sinus pressure, a small cough at night, and currently a headache but all is getting better. Thank goodness! I want to enjoy my last month with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails