This will be my final post before our wedding on Saturday. Our big day is officially here and I am just amazed and in awe of everything! I'm amazed how quickly time flies and amazed at what you can do in only a few short months. I'm amazed at the love and gratitude you feel for all those around you and amazed that there are so many special people in my life. I am amazed of how lucky I am for such a wonderful fiance and soon to be husband. I am simply amazed and thankful for all that God has given me.Today is my final day at work. People will occasionally pop in and say I didn't think you would be here today and give me such amazing words. Words that fill me with so much love and excitement for all that is to come. And while a wedding is only one day in your life... I know it will be one of the most important days in my life and I am so thankful to share that with all those that I love.
Today my family will be traveling from Sugar Land to the Big D. Well actually to Richardson. They'll be staying close to us for tonight and then moving to the Doubletree hotel where many of our family and friends will be staying for the wedding. I am so excited to see my family. To laugh with them, to share with them, and to just be with them. I'll always be a Waldrup and I'll always be the youngest in my wonderful family of four. But what is so amazing is that my "family" is so much bigger than that.... it includes my new Zellner family, our extended families, and our best friends from college who've become our family. I'm so humbled that God has put so many wonderful people in our paths. People that have helped mold us into who we are today and for that I'm eternally greatful. I couldn't ask for anything better!
Tonight Ray and I are spending more time together. Some time of course to finish up on small projects and hopefully more time to just relax. Regardless we'll have a honeymoon that is Hurricane free (a whole week) of just the two of us to love each other, depend on each other, and enjoy and reflect on all the moments to come. Plus having a week long vacation is something we desperately need from all the wedding activities:)
Tomorrow is another story. Ray is taking our puppies to DogsPlay! I will miss them so much! 10 days without my kiddos, but I know it will be so much fun for them. They'll get to make other doggie friends... but I know I will be so sad to watch them leave but so excited to have time with just us. Ray will be leaving for work and my mom and I will run errands for most of the day. The plan is to retire for Dinner at Dickey's BBQ! My parents have never been and both Ray and I absolutely love it! So it should definitely be a good time! Later that night Ray and I will be heading to the airport to pick up Ryan, Farrha, and Olivia from the airport... poor Olivia recently broke her foot and will now be sporting the cutest pink cast around and I can't wait to sign Mrs. Zellner on it:) (of course after the wedding so we can make it official) I absolutely cannot wait to see my Zellner Family to see everyone and be able to spend such an amazing moment with them.
Friday is the bridesmaid luncheon! I don't want to give too many details but I am so excited to thank the ladies that have helped me through this... the girls that are so special in my life that I can't wait to make so many more memories with! Love you girlies:)
I guess that's all I have for now... believe me there will be so much more to come!
Until then..... one step at a time!
Love,
Alicia

No comments:
Post a Comment