Monday, November 9, 2009

Hot Flashes at 25?!?!

That's right! You heard me... HOT FLASHES!!!!
So here's the deal. I'll be honest. I used to think I was a pretty calm person. A person that could take on the world and "keep my cool" I've realized since our engagement... that I'm human... I get surprised, nervous, anxious, excited, happy, frustrated... and YES STRESSED!!! I feel it all:)

Well on Sunday it actually hit me! WE'RE GETTING MARRIED THIS WEEK!!! At church during our nearly wed class, we had a panel of couples that basically talked about the ups and downs in marriage. We were able to ask our questions and receive honest answers. I really love that. I know that marriage isn't a cake walk and sometimes will take a lot of work... but I also couldn't imagine my life any other way. I am so ready to marry my best friend and start our lives together... ok again I deterred from my story. See that's what lack of sleep and excitement can do to a bride to be:) hehe

Ok back to my story. So we are sitting in our class with such cute couples in the panel. One that had been married for 55 years (absolutely AMAZING) and another with two small children that had been married for over 5 years... both with great advice and great stories. Well after our discussion one of the couples looks over at our group and says... "So I hear there is a couple getting married this weekend!" And a smile instantly came to my RED face! And then I realized it actually was this week.... not next week like I had been suggesting... but this week (now only 5 days until the big I dos!) And then it happened... Hot Flash City! I asked Ray if it was warm and then even needed to fan myself. How funny is this! Now please know this was not out of being scared. I'm absolutely 1000% sure this is right but I just couldn't believe it is actually upon us.

So after church and some time to sit... I calmed down a bit and thought of the few days ahead of us. Finishing small projects and family coming in town.... and then that Saturday:) I can't wait!!!

Update:

Dress: Also just a little FYI! I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS! YES YES IT IS OFFICIALLY HERE AND READY! Thank you Kristin for going with me to pick it up. It was so special and I'm so excited! I have a few pictures but realized I couldn't post them for obvious reasons... after the wedding! We'll definitely have many many pictures to show:)

Hurricane over Mexico: The hurricane over Mexico (Playa del Carmen... our resort to be exact) is said to continue to weaken and looks like it will be gone before we leave for our honeymoon! Thank goodness. This had really worried me but now... nothing can get me down. Ok I guess I'm about to break out into song so we have to stop this early.

Thanks again and more to come....

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails