Saturday, December 7, 2013

Auby's First Ice Days

For days, we had heard and slightly been preparing for the upcoming cold front. The weather was reported to get down in the low teens and days of ice and snow were ahead of us. Thursday afternoon, after our trip to see Santa, we decided to pick up a few necessary items we were missing. While Ray was inside, and I watched over Miss Aubrey and it started to sleet. I will say it sure was cold. All night I heard the sleet/snow mixture hit against the deck. I couldn't wait to wake up to a snow covered morning. Ray would be working from home, and our sweet family of three (and two furbabes) would enjoy a snow day at home.

Well it sure wasn't snow that covered our home, but a thick ice. Now since this was Auby's first ice days, I had to get a few pictures in the beautiful powdery white... even if it was merely a few seconds outside. Here are a few adorable family photos to remember our first ice days with Auby.

 

Friday afternoon when it was time to decorate the house, Ray called me outside. This is what I saw. I have to say I was so disappointed. It was such a good looking tree and I just hated that it had broken. More importantly I hated that we were officially blocked in and had to find a way to have it removed so we could leave. But then I remembered what a blessing it was that it hadn't hit the house or our car. It could have been so much worse. So many people were without power and having larger challenges. Thank you Lord for reminding me of that we were so lucky. So for now, we are staying inside. We've called a tree removal service who if you can believe it or not is super busy but will hopefully be removing it this weekend. Wishing you all a safe and warm few ice days in Dallas.


2 comments:

  1. cute pictures!! it brings back so many memories to see Aubrey in this little snow suit!! :) I love it!
    Hope you can get your tree cleared soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you planned ahead and stocked up on some necessities since you won't be leaving until that tree is cleaned up! And very glad to hear you kept your power, and your car and house stayed damage-free :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails