Aubrey
What a fun and exciting month sweet girl. It has been so fun to see your sweet little personality grow. We love your sweet smiles. Oh how they melt your mommy and daddy's heart. We both make pretty silly faces just to make you smile and see those two gorgeous little dimples in your cheeks.We love your sweet coos and enjoy getting to "talk" with you. Sweet girl we love you more than words. This month was bittersweet as it was my last few weeks spent with you before going back to work. Being a mommy is the most rewarding gift that God has granted me. I am truly thankful for the time that we had and of course for all the moments we will share and the memories we will make in our future.I am so excited to capture these sweet month-iversaries and share these special moments with those we love. I cannot wait to see what this next month has in store for us.
Age: Two Months
Measurements:Aubrey weighs 11 pounds and 7.5 ounces (63%); Her height is 23 inches long (69%); Her head circumference is 14 3/4 inches (18%).
Clothing: 0-3 month clothing. It was a super sad moment when I had to pack up her newborn attire as it was just to small to fit our beautiful growing baby
Eating: She consumes between 3-4 ounces every 2-4 hours. She has definitely gone through a growth spurt this month as she wants to eat all.the.time. She is definitely a happy girl when she has her food. I get some of the biggest smiles after her tummy is full.
Sleeping: Knock on wood... but our baby has really done such a good job with sleeping this month. Now please don't get me wrong. We do have our wake up every few hours sort of nights. Also at the beginning of this month, we were still having to rock her to sleep. This process would take hours and was a bit exhausting. Over the past few weeks, we've been able to put her to bed almost almost fully awake after her bottle and she would put herself to sleep. Now this typically happens during naps during the day and during the middle of the night. We are still working on our bedtime at 8. I also feel like we are getting more of a "schedule." Ok I honestly used to laugh when people said their babies were on a schedule. I didn't think it was possible, but they do figure it out. Her "schedule" is to wake up around 6:00. Change. Eat. Then somehow she stays awake on her own for the next two hours. She's usually so happy. We play. We talk. Then from 8-9 we play on her play mat and do tummy time. At 9:00 we eat and take our first nap. Usually we get a good couple of hours but lately she's taken next to no nap. On these days... there is no schedule ha. But on good days we get a few daily naps and try to stay on a 6, 9, 12, 3 schedule. We aren't exactly there but hey we are trying.
New Activities:
More coos (oh, uga, ah), social smiles, "playing" with toys, continued head lifts and turning head from side to side. She also visited Santa this month and enjoyed several ice days at home with mommy and daddy.
Likes: cuddle time, being held, sitting up right to see everything, music, activity mat, sleep sheep, exercising arms and legs, swaddles, car rides, rolling tongue and making silly faces, singing head, shoulders, knees, and toes, wheels on the bus, copying her coos, peek-a-boo, swing, bouncer, mobiles, mirrors
Dislikes: changing her clothes, not being fed immediately upon request, car seats, hiccups,
Random Tidbits:
- She is now looking more like a combination of mommy and daddy.
- She is staring to really "talk" and coo. Your favorite sounds are "ah, uga, and oh." She smiles when we copy her coos.
- Aubrey loves peek-a-boo and silly faces.
- We love to sing to her.
- She is a huge fan of mirrors and gives herself big smiles that show her dimples.
- She is really trying to suck her thumb but hasn't exactly figured out how to get her thumb inside her mouth. It is so cute watching her try.
- It is not a sure thing that Aubrey will sleep in the car. It totally depends on her schedule and what's going on.
- She loves being held or resting in her bouncer or swing.
- She is starting to enjoy bath time more and we have rarely seen tears
- Aubrey is still in our room. We are looking to transition her soon. We really aren't in any rush due to the location of her room and our current schedule.
- She sleeps with both hands behind her head. She loves having her hands out when swaddled as she loves to play with them.
As I write this post, she's sleeping so sweetly. Today is my final day (an extra day) at home with my little girl. I am so thankful to only have 9 days before the Christmas holiday as I will have two weeks then with her again before making the transition back to school in January and her to daycare. It will be a hard day tomorrow. I can't say I haven't cried a thousand times already at the thought of not being with her. But I know so many moms that have done it. I thought I was prepared, but really is any mama when they go back? Anyway, I know she will be in great hands and could not be more thankful that she doesn't have to go to daycare just yet as she will be spending the next 9 days with daddy. He is so amazing and I couldn't be happier that he's able to work from home. I just miss not being with them. So wish me luck. Say a small prayer. I love you sweet girl!
Watch her grow and change!



No comments:
Post a Comment