Friday, November 29, 2013

Our Thanksgiving Prayer!

 
 Our Thanksgiving was extra special this year as we had this beautiful bundle of joy with us. At 8AM, the little Miss and I were upstairs getting in some extra play time to let daddy sleep since he had worked the late shift the night before. Oh how she loves to kick those feet and shake her hands. I thought it would be fun while we were playing to read a few special stories this morning. My favorite thus far is the Thank You Prayer. Seriously could this book be any more perfect for our first Thanksgiving morning together? My favorite page being, "Thank you, God for everything." I don't think I could put it better myself.

After a sent a few texts to the family as we would be spending our first Thanksgiving at home just the three of us and of course two furbabes, I took Aubrey back to our room where we spent the morning cuddling up in bed with daddy watching the famous Thanksgiving Day Parade. A few hours later, lunch time was quickly upon us, we got ready, and made our way to the kitchen to put together our Thanksgiving menu.

 
Our menu included Cornish game hens, asparagus, fruit salad, homemade sweet potato casserole, and a pumpkin and cherry pie. The food was delicious minus the pies. Sadly we were not prepared with certain food items and attempted to make a pie with 1 egg. Needless to say, it was not the most appetizing... but hey we had to make an attempt. What would Thanksgiving be without pumpkin pie?:)
My favorite part of the day was not the meal or staying in bed even though those two things were definitely high on my list. I do have to say that this year was special just being our sweet family of three. And while I absolutely missed our extended family, it was nice to just relax with my husband and daughter and enjoy our first Thanksgiving as a new family.
 
 
Plus an added bonus about staying home and having a few morning dress changes, I could put little miss in anything I wanted, even if it didn't match. Gosh how I love those adorable long toes.
 

So here's to our first Thanksgiving together. May we all truly remember what we are thankful for. I wish those family and friends near and far a truly blessed day with those they love. Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails