Tonight is the night before Thanksgiving and I'm at home with the little one. The husband's work schedule has gotten a bit crazy these days and he is working what seems like day and night. I'm perfectly fine with this (most days) as his job has been so gracious to work around our new schedule with baby girl. While it did take three times to put our sweet lady down for bed and my only opportunity to eat dinner was well after 9PM, I couldn't be more thankful. Now please don't ask me at 3AM when she's crying and I've gotten up every two hours and am exhausted beyond belief... well I guess I'm thankful for those moments too. (just not at that exact moment) It's hard to imagine the days, the months, the year plus some that I prayed for this little girl. I was in tears for what seemed like eternity wondering what was wrong with me. We had both been tested and sadly it was my body that was failing me. What was I doing wrong? Why couldn't I get pregnant? What seems like such an easy thing, was honestly and still is probably the hardest thing I've gone through. But now that I sit here, thinking of her sweet cuddles, her adorable little smiles, and all that she is and will be, I couldn't have imagined our journey being any different. She is our sweet baby blessing and God knew exactly what he was doing when he made her. He knew the journey we would face and I couldn't be more thankful for His timing. It as always is perfect.
This Thanksgiving we have so much to be thankful and are truly baby blessed. So as I wait for the husband to return home and my little girl is resting peacefully in bed, I wanted to make a small baby list of the things I am thankful for.
1. snuggles
2. smiles
3. squishy faces
4. baby dance parties
5. play time
6. naps
7. baby fingers and toes
8. family time
9. coos
10. zip up onesies
11. pictures and videos
12. our pediatrician
13. friends and family who love her
Here's to many more baby blessings in our futures!
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago


Happy Thanksgiving to your adorable little family! She is precious:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving. We are all truly so blessed.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Megan! I too wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving! I so enjoy keeping up with you and your family:) Crazy how time flies since elementary:) And yes Oma... we truly are:)
ReplyDelete