Sending love to my husband in celebration of twenty-nine years of excitement and adventure. In the Zellner household, you don't just get one special day... we celebrate the whole weekend. Our time has been filled with fun surprises and many days of complete relaxation. On Friday, I left school at 3:00, picked up some necessary essentials including Monster, a few boxes of candy, and quickly set up the tv for a night of pjs and a movie marathon. Ray had received an entire DVD collection of Game of Thrones from a friend. I was not exactly sure with the premis but knew Ray was interested and being that it was his birthday weekend was excited to oblige. Sadly, we quickly found out that it was BluRay so our plans changed. We had also wanted to begin watching The Walking Dead and quickly became enamoured with that series. We definitely got sucked in. Saturday morning, we had an early wake up time as the dogs were set to go outside and eat by 7:30. After a quick trip out and a food run, we were back in bed until almost 10. It was so nice to sleep in. Then we spent the morning relaxing in bed, watching more of our new series, and ate breakfast. Saturday afternoon I got a hair cut as Ray finished up the yard. Then it was an afternoon of shopping. As one of Ray's presents, we were in the market for an ipad. I know that will be a fun little gadget to play with and play together. Saturday night, my school hosted its Spring Fling. We made a fun little stop before dinner. That night I had a fun outing planned. After dinner, we made our way to Cheesecake Amore in McKinney. It was an amazing little cafe and wine bar off of Stacy in the middle of a subdivision/shopping center. I was unsure what time we would be done and sadly didn't have reservations. (Next time I'll make sure to do so as it was super hopping.) But we ended up with a great place at the bar. It was fun to see the inner workings. Ray ordered a red wine flight and both a piece of dessert cheesecake. Each year I try to find a new way to work in cake (as cake is not one of Ray's most exciting things.) But boy does he love cheesecake. He orded English Toffee cheesecake and I a Carmel Pecan slice. I wish I could have eaten the whole thing. It was the best cheesecake I have had to date. I can't wait to go back and explore more food options. I would absolutely recommend as a fun little date night out.
Sunday morning, we joined our ABF at the Heights. Ray made a delicious Miga breakfast. The recipe included eggs, one mild and one spicy breakfast sassauge, cheese, peppers and onions, nacho cheese soup, and tostada chips. The meal was finished with some sour cream and salsa. I love his love for cooking. To my handsome husband and this adorable bow tie (with bicycle inspired shirt) I wish you a wonderful 29 years and all those to come. You are an amazing husband, best friend, and soon to be daddy. I am so thankful God blessed me with you!
As part of a birthday celebration/11 year dativersary, we will be going out of two for a couple's weekend. I am very excited for a weekend away. More pictures to come!
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment