2012
This has been a year. A year full of firsts, of laughs, of ups and downs, and everything in between. This year the husband and I said good-bye to apartment life and bought our first home. I proclaimed my faith and was baptized this summer at the Heights Baptist Church. I moved schools and grade level. Our Zellner family grew and we gained a new sister-in-law, niece, and nephew. We celebrated our nurse, Rachel's gradutation. Lots of babies from our ABF were born. Our best friends told us that they would be having twins. We too made lots of New Year's resolutions that sadly were not upheld (mainly my fault:) Ray sold gray ghosty and bought the Prius. We traveled to Alabama to celebrate my niece, Olivia's 5th birthday. We began our monthly Zellner Cafe lunch dates with our college crew. God is good!
This has been a year. A year full of firsts, of laughs, of ups and downs, and everything in between. This year the husband and I said good-bye to apartment life and bought our first home. I proclaimed my faith and was baptized this summer at the Heights Baptist Church. I moved schools and grade level. Our Zellner family grew and we gained a new sister-in-law, niece, and nephew. We celebrated our nurse, Rachel's gradutation. Lots of babies from our ABF were born. Our best friends told us that they would be having twins. We too made lots of New Year's resolutions that sadly were not upheld (mainly my fault:) Ray sold gray ghosty and bought the Prius. We traveled to Alabama to celebrate my niece, Olivia's 5th birthday. We began our monthly Zellner Cafe lunch dates with our college crew. God is good!
But this year has also brought about its fair share of challenges. I think that may be something that this blog does lack. I have realized over time, my writings do tend to reflect only the positive. But I think what I've learned this year, is that it is also those obstacles that help define us. I think its ok to not always be ok. As only a few short days stand before me and the closing of a truly amazing year, I want to tell myself that it's ok to be unwrapped. It's ok to be open and vulnerable. It is in those moments that we leave it to God and let Him be our answer. He can move mountains... and with that in mind, there is nothing that He can't do. So with that being said, I'm so excited about 2013. I'm excited for what's to come. And while it hasn't all been in the timing that I desire, I know that there is an absolutely perfect plan. So I say the same advice for you. May your 2013 come. May we make mistakes. May we learn. May we continue to grow. May our days not always look exactly as we have planned as we know His story is truly greater than any we could imagine. Happy 2012! Here's to another amazing year in 2013!

Great post! You are not the only one that only posts about the positive. Sometimes I feel guilty making my blog look like our life is all happy good times but it's not always like that. We definitely have our share of tough moments, but sometimes those hard times are just not meant to be shared. It doesn't mean we don't have them though. Praying that 2013 is full of happy moments for you and Ray!! Happy New Year!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Katy:)I truly appreciate your words:)
ReplyDelete