Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recipe for a Job Well Done!



Having extra time this summer has taught me a lot. It has given me a good amount of time to catch up on some necessary to do's that I've been putting on the back burner. I have worked in summer school . Our curriculum has included beach fun, communication, all about me and self care, and the earth/recycling. This week we have made some tasty treats including dirt pudding and a rice krispie earth recipe as seen below:)



Having some time off has also allowed me to spend more time cleaning up, doing laundry, and unpacking. Yes you heard me correctly. This September, the husband and I will have spent one full year in here in McKinney and yes we have many of our things still in boxes. I figured since we have decided to sign a six month lease it was time to officially unpack. Our apartment is no longer a storage unit (ha) and has officially become a home regardless of its small stature. While I cannot wait to live in a house, a home is definitely what you make of it:)

I have also had some time to work on some fun recipes this summer including some homemade banana bread ...



and peach crisp...




I might be bias but I do believe that they both turned out pretty tasty for my first try; however, I think over time I will be able to make some good adjustments. Today I completed my first week of Summer Session II. Next week will be my last week working with these six kiddos. Then I'll have two more weeks of summer before school begins in August. I cannot believe how quickly time is passing me by but I continue to look for fun and productive ways of spending my time.

Happy Summer friends!

2 comments:

  1. way to go, alicia!!
    and...YUM!! We'll come help finish off any leftovers you may have! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great lady! Head on over... well even if all the tasty food is gone we'd still love to see ya;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails