So I guess it is no longer a secret... not that it ever was...but I absolutely love my fiance! I still pinch myself occasionally to remind myself that yes, I am engaged and yes, WE ARE GETTING MARRIED! OK, I really don't pinch myself... but I look down at my left hand and see the most beautiful ring and it's mine! I cannot believe that as of tomorrow it will be two weeks since Ray dropped to his knee and asked me to marry him. I get chills just thinking about it. The proposal was so special and meaningful. I couldn't have asked for anything better.So now the fun begins!
Ray and I will be getting married on Saturday, November 14, 2009 in Dallas, TX. We are still working out the details about the venue but have it narrowed down to two. By this weekend, the decision will be made, the deposit will be given, and both Ray and I can cross one more thing off of our list. We have three months to finish planning the wedding. It has been a lot of scheduling, planning, and time consuming moments... but I've really enjoyed every single moment of it! Ray has been so helpful and thoughtful over the whole process. I couldn't imagine my life without him. I LOVE YOU PAPA BEAR!
So these are the details:
Venue: In Progress...
Photographer: Booked!
DJ: Appointment Set
Florist: eh... I love flowers but really can't see paying $1,000s of dollars for something that dies. So we'll see what direction we go in for this.
Invites: I'm making my invites. Should be fun!
Dress: I HAVE MY WEDDING DRESS!!!
Bridesmaids and Groomsmen Attire: I have ideas... but will put those to use on August 8th! Hopefully I'll be able to get my girls together for a fitting and choose a dress that day!
Bridal Party: I am so thankful for my 6 ladies and Ray's 6 groomsmen! They mean the world to us.
Register: Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Macys! (We've currently signed up at all three places... I love this part:)
Honeymoon: I WON A 3 Day All-Inclusive Trip to my location of Choice: Mexico, Bahamas, Dominican Republic! I am so excited. We'll of course extend our vacation a little... but how amazing!
I will of course fill you in on more details as they come along. I'm sure I'll be doing a great deal of posting in the next few months:)
SO ENJOY!
Love,
Alicia

No comments:
Post a Comment