Friday, July 31, 2009

A little bit of quality time is good for the soul!

We're going to Cici's!

With all of this non-stop wedding planning and packing I think it is necessary to have some personal date time with my fiance. I absolutely love saying that word. I only have a few more months to use it... so I try to throw it in there as much as possible.

We have been eating so well this past week. Who would have thought grocery shopping would do that;) But anyway it is Friday and we have decided to splurge. I know I know... what would Bob and Jillian say. It's all about portion control. But enough of that.

I've decided to not make this blog space about all the reasons to eat healthy. I really wanted to take the time to talk about taking personal time with the ones you love. I think in today's society we are constantly on the go. Whether we work 80 hours a week or merely fill our days with extra curricular activities... it is good to sit back and reflect. Spend time with the one you love and also for yourself. Sometimes I have to remind myself that as well.

So tonight... that's what we are doing. We're going to Cici's and catching up on all things wedding or not and putting packing on the back burner for just a little while longer.

Speaking of Week's Activities... I'll fill you in on the progress.

Monday: The Dallas Business Journal named Checkpast (my work) one of the best places to work in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for 2009. YAY! Also my aunt was in town from Houston. She had a teaching conference at the Gaylord Texan. Both Ray and I met her for dinner at Cracker Barrel and then ventured around the Gaylord. Gosh it was absolutely beautiful!

Tuesday: I booked blocks of hotel rooms for our wedding. Our guests will be staying at the Doubletree Hotel Dallas- Campbell Centre at North Park for $89.00 a night. What a deal! That night both Ray and I met up with Kaylan at the Ginger Man for our usual Tuesday special.

Wednesday: Ray met me at my office for a picnic lunch at Turtle Creek Park. He is absolutely amazing like that. I am so grateful for him.

Thursday: Kristin came to my office and we went to lunch at Chilis. It was soooo good to catch up with her. I've definitely missed her. Plus the chips and salsa are always amazing! That night I received an email from a local florist that I won her bridal bouquet at the Dallas Bridal Expo. We will be meeting next week to discuss my options! How fun:)

Friday: I went to make a payment at City Place. We set an appointment for Thursday to further discuss any details such as food, set up, and any questions we might have.
Tonight....Dinner for two at Cici's.

This Weekend: Saturday we have our last meeting with our cake vendor. Ray will further discuss his plans for his grooms cake. Plus we wanted to try champagne flavor just in case that is one we decide to go with. Cake at 11:00AM?!?! Sounds great to me:) Also that afternoon we will be meeting with our new apartment to sign our lease. Move our on August 14. It'll be closer than we think but I'm ready for the challenge:)

Next Weekend: My sister in laws will be in town on Friday, August 7. On Saturday August 8, all six of my beautiful bridesmaids will go with me to South Lake, TX to try on their dresses. I can't wait:) Thank you girls for all of your love and support.

UNTIL THEN....
Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails