Sunday, January 7, 2018

Waldrup Family Christmas 2017

This New Years, the husband and I were gifted with such a special present. My parents came in town for a belated Christmas celebration as well as to help us ring in the New Year by watching the kiddos so we could enjoy an adult night out. Happy New Year to us!

I am so thankful for this trip. I know that due to my dad's current health situation it is so very difficult for him to travel. I know things are challenging and at times very difficult, but my parents are here. It's been a rough year, but I'm thankful for the opportunity for our children to be loved on by my family. These are definitely memories that I don't want to miss out on and I'm thankful they were willing to travel to be with us this new year.

Our weekend while short was very special. We enjoyed celebrating our Noon Years Eve Eve celebration at the Davis Library as well as a special lunch to the Italian Garden for some delicious eats. But most of our time together was spent relaxing, cuddling, and catching up. It was a perfect combination of celebration and lazy. I couldn't have asked for more.


Saturday after our delicious lunch at the Italian Garden (I absolutely recommend as it was a ton of food, deliciously made and an even more delicious price tag), my mom and I enjoyed our first shopping trip to Dirt Cheap. Wow! Talk about an afternoon of searching for exciting finds.  We were both hooked. It was also a fun little get away with my mom. I so yearn for this time and could not be more excited in our count down until they move up here and we can do this more often. She truly is my rock and I believe she is the strongest person I know. I'm so thankful for her and thankful for these precious moments together. After our shopping trip, my mom and I spent our evening in the kitchen making our Christmas meal, King Ranch Casserole, a few pies (eek they did not turn out right)
and then enjoyed a night time Christmas celebration with the kiddos and family. Here is a fun picture post of our Christmas with Oma and Opa. They definitely came out blurry as our kiddos are always on the move. It was a night of smiles, play time, and time with family.

Our night of celebration was cozy and cold. As New Years Eve was upon us the following day, so was a cold front that would bring our North Dallas lows to the teens and possibly some snow! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails