I absolutely adore this picture. It is my beautiful family. It is the family I prayed for as a child. I married my best friend and celebrate life with him each day. Our little mini is a wonderfully fun, happy, and healthy girl. But I love what it doesn't show. It doesn't show our every day life. The fact that my little girl is watching Mickey because she had a melt down only moments before. It doesn't show the mama cuddles or wiping of her tears. It doesn't show the piles of laundry that are on both sides of the couch and behind the wall, in our bedroom but are left there so we can spend the hour or two together before baby goes to bed. The picture forgets to detail that I had an early morning and am pretty exhausted but love my Pancake Saturdays with my loves. While pictures don't show real, every day life, the ups, the downs, and the in betweens, I do have to say that they capture the love behind it all. No matter what struggle or frustration I may encounter during the week, I am so thankful for these moments. I'm thankful that I have them because they make each day special in their own right. They make life real, and all worth it. So to my loves, bring on the Mickey, the loads of laundry, and dishes in the sink. I'm thankful for our couch cuddles, our story time reads, outside play time, and all that makes our life our little family.
No comments:
Post a Comment