A week ago, I found myself at the pediatrician's office to check on an unexplained rash that would not go away as well as a lingering viral infection for baby. We quickly discovered that she too had hand, foot, and mouth like that of many of her classmates as well as double ear infections. After some discussion, he advised that after many ear infections, it was probably time to go ahead and get tubes. I went in to get meds for a rash and before the end of our appointment was referred for ear surgery (a bit dramatic I know). Our poor house had been sick for over a month. I only prayed that this would be the answer to poor babe's sickies. So after our meeting with the ENT doctor, we were ready to schedule Auby for tubes. Since the doctor only schedules tubes for a few days a week and with upcoming activities including her birthday and party as well as flu season around the corner, we wanted to do it as soon as possible.
Mommy's heart and nerves have been a little unsettled over the past week. Working in an ENT's office in college, I knew the logistics. This would be a routine "surgery." But when it comes to your own little one, the idea of an anesthesiologist and gas just worried this mama's heart. I knew this would be the best decision, but again is a bit scary.
This morning, we checked in at 6AM and were taken back at 7AM. Auby was given this sweet little bear to love on.
We met with the doctor and anesthesiologist and within moments she went back. Within 5 minutes, the doctor was back in the waiting room and giving us details that all had gone well. Our little girl was her usual self... hungry, but lovey as always.
After a 3 hour nap and a bit of baby babble, we spent the rest of the afternoon playing. Auby's new ears are treating her well. A few little tugs have been made to her ears, but after a bit of Motrin and her drops, we are as good as new and hopefully even better.
The doctors and staff were amazing and oh so sweet to our little. I am so thankful for their guidance and understanding of this mama's heart. Thanks to our sweet friends and family for the prayers for our surgery today. I am in such good spirits and hope this will be our little answer for all of the sickness.
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment