Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Welcome Home!


Ray and I couldn't be more excited to begin the journey of home ownership. And as the words on the front door mat read... welcome! Welcome to the next steps in our lives. The opportunity that we have been dreaming of. A place that we can call ours and a place to grow our little family... in the near future. The next pictures represent the past week of moving and the adjustments that follow. We truly are blessed. Thank you all for the words of encouragement as we are so excited for this exciting opportunity. Enjoy the next steps and WELCOME!


Friday night... our first night in our brand new home. The husband and I enjoyed a champagne toast. Yes this is a picture of our "house wine" that my sister-in-law gave us a few years ago but I just thought it represented the moment so perfectly.


Ray and our kiddos after a long exploration of the grounds. Poor Mattie kept jumping back into the car as she thought we would be returning to the apartment. She is still a bit confused but will hopefully get acclimated soon. Friday night, the husband and I borrowed a queen blow up air matress and slept in the master with the pups. At 3AM I was ready to begin our day, but sadly we wouldn't be waking up until 8AM. That next morning, we got up, enjoyed some breakfast, picked up the rental truck and were on our way. By 10AM we were at the old apartment with moving boxes in hand. We cannot thank our friends enough for their help.


After an hour of loading several vehicles and the truck, we were on our way home! I couldn't believe how quickly we were moved out. I give our moving people 2 thumbs up for sure! When we arrived I could not believe I was looking at OUR HOUSE! It was a bit of a jungle as the last owner had not mowed or taken care of any landscape for the last month, but at this point I was so excited to finally be home.



After our move, some whole foods pizza and wings, we said good-bye to our friends and hello to delivery men dropping off our new washer. A huge thank you goes out to my mother and father-in-law for our gift. It could not have been better timing. We are so appreciative! Within minutes it was set up and the cleaning began. How amazing it is to wash and dry your clothes where the machines actually work. No more double drying for this family. No wonder so many clothing pieces shrunk. ha! We then made our way to Target for a few home essentials. But we couldn't leave without a new bed for the kiddos.



On Monday, we came home to this beautiful orchid sitting on our porch from our Realtor. We could not have been more thankful to have her expertise and help on such an important task.



While I am a bit limited in some of my decoration, I did add a few Easter pieces of decor to our dining room table and look forward to the many trips to continue the beautification process of the house.


One of my favorite things to do is to sit outside on our back porch and play with the pups. This is definitely something I couldn't wait for... to have a yard for the dogs and of course a place to entertain.



So here's to home ownership, the ups and downs, and all the in betweens! I am absolutely excited about the journey ahead! Welcome Home!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails