Thursday, February 16, 2012

SOLD


When I first pictured this post in my head it would read the word... SOLD in big bold print with a huge smiley face followed by thousands of exclamation marks. But this is not the case or at least it isn't the case for us. For the past few weeks, Ray and I have been eagerly house searching... until we found this home! It was absolutely perfect! After our first open house, we did several double takes, and found ourselves telling our realtor that we wanted to move forward within minutes of opening the front door. Sunday at 4:30 we finished the open house. Monday night at 9:00PM, we met at Starbucks to formulate a bid. Tuesday the bid was sent and countered. Wednesday we found out that we lost. Now as I write this post I am honestly fine. (This may have not been the case on Wednesday night:) We found out that we were in a bidding war with five other couples and the couple that got the contract paid well above asking price. Yes I heard from many others that this is typical and not to get attached but of course that was not going to happen to us... right?!?! I just knew that this was OUR house. But I know that God is in control and has such an amazing plan for our lives and OUR house. I know it's out there and cannot wait to find it. So for those who may have been reading Facebook, I do apologize for my attitude as of late and have had some time to realize what's really important. I 100% know that we will find our house and it will be PERFECT for our little family!

2 comments:

  1. For future reference don't put sold until its sold to you. :) I got so excited for you guys and was waiting read all about it, but sorry it didn't happen. I know how you feel! Joel and I looked at lots of houses before we found ours. There was one that we absolutely loved, but for some reason God told us not to bid on it. 6 months later we drove by it and it had burned to the ground from what we think is an electrical fire. I think it was God's way of protecting us. Keep your head up, the right house is out there! Praying that you guys will have wisdom to know 'the one'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Buying your first house is very stressful, but y'all will find the right one! :) Keep the Faith..He will lead you to the right one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails