Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Ladies Weekend at Winstar

As my bestie wrote, mama's need a vacation too. And what a wonderful vacation it was. The first weekend in May, Kristin and I made the hour and a half drive to Oklahoma and enjoyed a fun mama's weekend away at The Winstar Resort and Hotel. From catching a Jim Gaffigan show to stuffing our faces with hamburgers, pool side Cinco de Mayo celebrations, afternoon drinks with a side of sun burns, a bit of gambling, and two full nights sleep, our weekend away was perfect! I am so incredibly thankful for this friendship, for the memories made over the past decade, and thankful for sweet and much needed time away. Enjoy a picture post of our first but surely not last mama's weekend.

 

We arrived Friday evening to our pool side stay. As so many guests were attending the Jeff Gaffigan show that night, finding food was a bit challenging. After walking through many of the casinos countries and nearly to the other end of the what felt like the earth, we found NYC burger bar but quickly found a wait as well. With minutes to spare we received our food, ran half way around the world to get back to the performance but found we would not be able to bring our food inside. So while stuffing my face with an entire burger in minutes was definitely not on my bucket list, I do find it hilarious and filled our tummies so that we could enjoy the show and not be starving. The show was amazing. I laughed until I cried. He was hilarious. After the show let out, we made our way to the pool side bar for some Cindo de Mayo fun! From sombrero wearing, glow necklaces, to light up glasses, and drinks in hand, we were decked out.

 {Cinco de Mayo Pool Side Celebrations}
I will say that there were not too many party goers that night. As it was a cool night, we all stayed huddled around the fire pit with a few drinks. Not complaining, it was a perfect way to end our first night of fun.
After a full night's sleep, we woke up well rested. We enjoyed a breakfast brunch with a side of delicious waffle (for me). We then decided to change and spend a beautiful, sunny afternoon by the pool.
 
{Pool side view from the 4th floor}
{Miami Vice Drink in Hand and Sun on my skin}
{The pool water was freezing, but the seats were perfect! This would later be followed by a big red lobster-like sun burn}
After a few hours of sun bathing, drinking pool side, great conversation and catch up, and relaxing without any children in tow, we decided to get dressed for an early evening of a few hands of gambling and dinner.

As I was asked, I won many times, but I lost too. So overall it was an amazing evening of filling up on slots, lots of smoke, a cheap but delicious $5 cup of red wine, a few fun photo opts, some Brittany gambling, a very delicious Italian dinner for two and a side of DQ for dessert, and a night of jammies  watching Pitch Perfect and an early bedtime. It was a perfect get away!
I am so thankful for friends, for mamahood, for get aways. I'm thankful for the memories and the time spent relaxing and re freshening. I am so already looking forward to our next Ladies Weekend away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails