Friday, May 5, 2017

Auby's ABCs

Auby's ABCs was originally a summer activity that I kind of borrowed from a blog I had once read. While I would love to give the blog credit, it is no longer active, but I have to say after reading her teaching ideas, I was sold on the concept and idea that I too wanted to do something similar when I had children. As a mom of four, she made it look so easy and super fun! So I began when Aubrey was almost one. It was more for mommy than her at the time. I called it Summer of ABCs. It was so fun but as always time got in the way, I returned to work teaching first grade, and our ABCs went by the wayside. Fast forward to now, I have a second little who recently turned one and have almost finished my first full year as a new stay at home mom. Now that Aubrey had entered her 3s, and would quickly be attending preschool in the fall as a four year old, I wanted to jump back into our little "school time" to prepare her for her school days to come.

Fall 2016
Letter Aa

 {Alligator Chomp Game, Alligator Hand Prints, Apple Painting}
 {Auby's Ark}
 {Apple Stamp Painting}
{Auby Art: Q-tip Painting}

I have to be honest. I LOVE our school time. It has been so fun to plan and to create. With that being said there are days that I am challenged and she is definitely not as into the learning or crafting idea as mommy is, but by the end, watching her growth (small as it may be) and her love for learning growth has warmed my heart. Plus the little projects (most pinterest or borrowed ideas) turn out super cute. So enjoy Auby' ABCs. This fall we began with A and went through E then made our way to move and holiday ideas. I began back pretty recently and we are currently on letter C again.

Fall 2016
Letter Bb
 {Black & Blue Bus}
  {Bead & Bracelet Making}
{Bead Counting}

Fall 2016
Letter Cc
 {Letter C Fun with Caterpillar Clips & Cows}
{Car Shopping}
Fall 2016
Letter Dd
 {Dentist Fun}
 {Aubrey's 1st trip to the dentist was a success!}
 {Dragons & Story time at the Library}
{Donuts with Daddy at The Donut Kitchen}

Fall 2016
Letter Ee
 {Letter E Elmo}
{Letter E Elephant}

Holiday & Movie Fun
Fall & Winter 2016



 [B Boo Ghosts}
 
 {Horton Hears a Who}
 {Joy Down in my Heart}
 {Happy Birthday Jesus card} 

2017
 {The Bee Movie: Be Mine!}
 {Soptopuss Party with Hank from Finding Dory}
 {Shopkins!}

 
 {Auby's Groundhog Day Craft}
 {Owl Always Love You Valentine's from Liam & Aubrey}
 
{Dr. Seuss's Birthday: The Lorax Hand prints}

  { Letter Ee: Easter Activities}

 {Black and Brown Beans, Bracelet Making, and Bean Counting}
{Bb is for Bear}
 {Cc is for Cookies}
{Cc is for crab}
{Cotton ball counting}
 {Cc is for cupcake}

With every week that passes, a new letter finds our house for study. We have even started a new show called, Get Squiggling. Aubrey loves practicing her squiggle writing and learning about the new letters and sounds. Here's to more ABC activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails