Dear Little Liam,
Each and every day is a new adventure. I love watching your sweet faces and love the way they resemble your sister but are definitely your own little self. I love your little dimpled chin and cheek. This week while so special has been a hard one little man. I can tell your tummy is uncomfortable and it's hard for mommy not to be able to fix the problem. You have also become very congested this week which led us back to the pediatrician's office for advice and testing. So far our only thought is overeating which is causing reflux. This then leads to a sour tummy and uncomfortable little boy. I am so thankful Oma has been here this week to spend with us, to help us with these little issues, to cuddle you, and to give mommy and daddy some chances at sleep. We are so thankful for this amazing little bond we have grown and know that you will continue to make progress each day. We love you so very much little guy and cannot believe you are already three weeks old. There is so much excitement to come! Watch little Liam grow!
Number of weeks: Three Weeks
Measurements: 8 lbs 15 oz
Clothing: newborn clothing and adorable little hats.
Eating: As you can see by the growth in weight you are a champ eater. We have found this week that you may be overeating due to reflux and the comfort of nursing with mama. You are still breastfeeding and breast milk bottle feeding exclusively. Because you may be overeating we have learned this may be the cause of reflux which then leads to upset tummy and pooping issues. This surely leads to fussiness, lack of sleeping, and an uncomfortable babe. This makes you want to be held at all times and do NOT like being put down. You are a snuggler for sure.
Sleeping: Sleep is something of the past and it seems that we may know what it is for quite some time. It has lead to hazy days of pure exhaustion and hard times on mama and daddy. I cannot express how thankful I am that Oma is here this week which has allowed for some daytime napping and an early bedtime until our dreaded wakeful hours of the early morning. I will say that you are a great sleeper in the early morning and throughout the day. The hard thing is that you are typically up from 1AM-5AM. You previously loved the swing but have decided that is not longer an acceptable sleeping place. You want to be cradled in our arms or snuggled up on our chest.
Activities & Tidbits: You love to eat and to be held. When fed and awake you are such a chill little boy. I love the way you look around. You are a very strong and determined little man. You respond to sounds and stimuli. We have enjoyed days of tummy/back time as you search around for new noises and sights (while I know you can't see too far).
This week your Oma has come to visit to help your mommy and daddy with the newness of a newborn and parenting two little humans. We are so incredibly thankful to have her here. You have enjoyed snuggling with her. I have to say I know she loves this special time just as much as you do.
We went to our first Brazilian Steakhouse this week to celebrate your daddy's 32nd birthday. Our pup Mattie seems to be interested in you as she does give sweet kisses, but then quickly tries to nudge you out of the way so that she can get further attention from mommy and daddy. The dog is definitely experiencing some separation issues for sure. I love the way you hold your hands by your head and face. You will hold onto our little fingers when you are eating and pull on our shirts/clothing.
Little Liam we wish you the world. This week we will sadly say good-bye to Oma and continue our little adventure as a family of four. My goal is to get you on more of a "schedule" and to have you sleep more on your own vs being held. While I do love my snuggles, we are going to get you a little more independent as well as work on your tummy issues. Sending love to our littlest. Happy 3 weeks our little Liam love.


No comments:
Post a Comment