Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Our Week w/ Oma, Ray's 32nd, Our Date Night, & 2 Babes

Our week with Oma has been a true blessing. From baby snuggles, tummy time love
 
playdough fun, fantastic catch up as well as free naps, cleaning, and family fun, I absolutely cherished our week together. This week we endured a few challenges with our new role parenting two little humans. It was so nice to have Oma and her extra set of hands.Plus what is better than Oma hugs?

Auby & Oma Playdough fun

This week we also celebrated our little man turning 3 weeks old. I cannot believe my little boy has experienced 21+ days of life. As previously stated, we definitely shared in some challenges this week with our little guy as well. After several sleepless nights of terrible congestion and a sour tummy with lots of little tears, I called his doctor to confirm it wasn't anything more than just congestion. After a very rainy day walk in appointment, my mom and I learned that reflux caused by overeating can irritate the sinus cavity and cause congestion. Reflux and overeating can cause sour tummy and poopy problems as well. So little man had a lot working against him. But even with our tearful tot, we found lots of wonderful days of baby snuggles and sweet squishy faces.

Thursday: This week we also had so much fun celebrating the husband's 32nd birthday. For lunch, Oma, Liam, and I joined Ray at work and made our way to the Brazilian Cowboy, steakhouse and grill.

It was delicious and super filling. Plus it was so great to spend some special time celebrating my best friend and husband with my mom and littlest love. When he returned home, we had a small celebration at home with the family. This week, Ray had told Auby that it was his birthday and he was excited to celebrate it. He asked her what he would need for his party and she replied, "birthday hats, cake with candles, and birthday presents for me!" So she got her wish. I may have made a few little changes though.

{Celebrating the best daddy ever!}
From cookie cake,

 
Star Wars themed birthday gear including a Blueray DVD player, Star Wars the movie, copper mule mugs, birthday hats, and candles, our birthday boy was all smiles. Plus Oma got little girl a special gift of her own, The Good Dinosaur Movie. Oh how my girl has a love for dinosaurs!

Oma loved watching our little girl help daddy open his gifts and of course her happy face of receiving her dinosaur gift.
Happy Birthday to my heart! For almost 14 years, you have grown my heart and shown me what true love and friendship is. I am so thankful to do this crazy life with you, to watch you love on our babes, and to care for this amazing little family. I am so excited to celebrate you and all you do!

Friday: Having my Oma here also gave Ray and I a chance to have our first date night since welcoming our little man.

I absolutely LOVED our time together. We were definitely all smiles to share some special time together. From a stop at Total Wine to make drinks (my first since becoming pregnant) and then dined at Emporium Pies in Downtown McKinney, our night was surely a sweet and delicious one.

While daddy and I were out...
Oma great some great cuddle time in with our littlest. Big sister was sound asleep with her many loveys and dinosaurs. We are so thankful for our Oma and for melt your heart moments such as this.

Saturday: We joined in the wonderful 2nd birthday celebration of Miss Haley. Her Hello Kitty PJ Party was absolutely adorable and we had a fun time with friends.

 {Hello Kitty Cupcake Pictures}
 {Friendly Frozen Tent Fun}

Sunday: On this rainy day Sunday we sadly said our good-byes to Oma. We were truly blessed by her visit but were ready to take on the world in this new adventure as a family of four. We did ask if she just wanted to move in at least until Liam could sleep on his own... so just for a few years. Sadly she had to decline but we had to try;) After our hugs and kisses, we made our way to church. 

I had to share this picture of my big girl. I adore her love to dance to her own tune while wearing sunglasses when it's raining! That's my Auby! I love her!



My rainy church Sunday portrait with my babes! 💋 We are celebrating little man making it through ABF and most of the service with a McAlisters lunch! Aubrey is super excited about her teddy Graham's and dancing with her mama in the booth. 🎼🍴

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails