God has brought our two lives together to share such an important message. It is an absolute privilege and honor. So please if you will take a moment to hear her miraculous story.
"At age 36, just 3 1/2 months after my first and only child, Lily, was born, I was diagnosed with mesothelioma and given 15 months to live. Miraculously, I beat the odds and I'm still here eight years later. Mesothelioma is considered one of the most aggressive and deadly cancers; most people are given just one year to live upon diagnosis. There is no known cure for mesothelioma and the future continues to look grim as attention to the disease as well as research funding continues to decline. The only known cause of 'meso' is exposure to asbestos, which is still not banned in the U.S. Sadly, it doesn't look like asbestos will be banned anytime soon, as there is too much money being made by using this deadly mineral.
Since May is National Cancer Search Month, I've made it my personal mission to try and spread awareness of this rare, preventable disease. The more people that know about this cancer, the more lives are potentially saved! The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance has tons of information about the disease, asbestos exposure, and is also where my husband and I blog about our journey with mesothelioma.
...
God works in miraculous ways. While we may not always understand, God is in control. As I've said before, He is surely in the blessing business. He is the author of our stories. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to meet Heather and to help share her story. Together we can make a difference. I ask you. Will you join us and share Heather's Story. If you would like to hear more information, please click on the link, Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance. Help me in posting this link , whether it is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media tool. Let's get the information out there. This is a battle that we can all fight together.



I have to say that this is one of my favorite posts to write. It was such a pleasure and I'm so thankful that God had such a special hand in bringing our stories together.
ReplyDelete