Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patty's Impromptu Picnic in the Park!

This morning after sleeping in until almost 9:30, the realization of not making it out to Greenville officially set in. But as we awoke the sun was beating through the blinds, and I knew that today was going to be an absolutely beautiful St. Patty's Day. So instead, the husband and I put together some of our favorite foods and gathered our basket and blanket as we were going to take the furbabes to enjoy a St. Patty's Impromptu Picnic in the Park.



While we adorned ourselves with some fabulous green options, I realized that it just wouldn't be right unless the pups were dressed in Irish themed clothing as well. I could not resist putting these two bandanas around their neck. They were so stinking cute! They also didn't seem to really mind the extra material. Usually my pups hate getting dressed up but I guess the extra treats helped persuade them.



Ray and I knew exactly where we were headed when we packed our family and picnic foods in the car. With less than two weeks standing between us, we headed out to the park next to our new home. We could not have been more excited. When we first arrived, we decided to take the pups on a nice walk around the park to get them acclimated to their new home. The path is about a half mile and figured they could get some of their energy out before we settled down for the picnic. They sure seemed to enjoy it. The weather had now changed to overcast and was pretty windy, but still a great morning.




After our walk, we found a great bench to sit on in between some trees next to the basketball court. While there was a lot of space to choose from the ground was filled with lots of twigs that wouldn't be too conducive for a typical picnic. So the bench was great. We enjoyed foods such as bread that we attempted to turn green. Ha! It kind of looked like moldy bread. But hey we were trying to get in the spirit. We also had strawberries, fruit snacks, and for dessert Andie's mints. YUM!



While we ate, Mattie our stray puppy found herself a comfortable spot on top of our blanket picnic. She likes to be center of attention and for a stray hates dirt. Ha while Toby was sniffing and enjoying his wide open spaces.

Regardless the day was a pretty perfect day. I am so thankful for our St. Patty's Picnic in the Park and for my lucky charms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails