Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Day...

"I'll start Monday."

These words have come out of my mouth probably over a hundred times in the last few years. I have found myself becoming a huge procrastinator and lazy has been my typical attitude. A few years ago, I was pumped about working out. What can I say I had a pretty great running partner. :) Of course it did take months of persuasion and then a small slip of speech by me, but after half a year of running, I felt greater than ever. After completing our desired half marathons, I took a break. I always told myself that I would never let this go. Being in shape felt amazing, I could run for hours... literally. Then the day or two break turned into weeks, months, and eventually I am where I am today. One day... I always tell myself. But that needs to be today. I know myself. I would like to think that I am motivated and ready to be in great shape. But this is not the case. I love my job and I love my kids, but it is tiring. I get home and the first thing I want to do is throw my stuff on the floor, change into over sized pjs, and relax on the couch while watching television. But because I know this about myself, I know I need a change. I want to be active, I love the feeling of having those random muscle aches knowing that my body is changing and developing. We want to teach this same healthy lifestyle to our kids one day. So one day isn't Monday or next week. One day is today. Now please know that I am human and there will be days that I fail. I know this. But as long as I do my best, and continue to make changes, I will succeed.

This afternoon Ray and I found our way to Academy. I left with two pairs of brand new workout pants. On my way home and after adding this new status to facebook, I received a text from my friend Kristin. She gave me information about a gym that I am pretty excited about and am looking forward to joining. The price is inexpensive and includes classes! Looks like this year will be a great year of getting into shape and making some great changes. More updates to come.

What are some of your workout/healthy lifestyle goals for 2012?

3 comments:

  1. What gym are you joining? I would love to find an inexpensive gym (with childcare) so I can go to classes. I love going to work out classes. But since I'm not working it's gotta be cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great with this! :) I have to work out before I do ANYTHING (if I'm going to the gym, I go straight from work rather than going home first), or else I would also lay on the couch, put on my comfy pj's and do nothing! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I will probably need all the luck and best wishes that I can get:) Katy, Kristin gave me information on Texas Family Fitness. They have places in Plano, Allen, and McKinney. It is $17 a month and includes classes. You only pay the months you go so you can cancel at any time. Childcare... I believe she said was $10?!? and if you add a second family member it is $12 for that person. My biggest issue going to the rec is that it was more than $17, you had to sign a contract, and classes were extra. So this may be a good thing. I think Ray and I are signing up this week. I know K has a lot of information if you are interested! Thanks for the wishes. I am amazed at your awesome goals and all that you are doing at home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails