Kindergarten is such a fun grade to teach. It is an age where school and learning is exciting. I am even told that I am a great artist, singer, storyteller, etc. These kids sure know how to make you feel amazing... if only they really knew. Ha! But I am one blessed lady. I love my job. Now that does not mean that each and every day is perfect. I definitely have my struggles, but I couldn't be more excited to have these 18 kiddos and to work with a team of ladies that are truly inspirational. And while I have these next few weeks off, these journal writings will remind me how truly blessed I am.
Before our break, we enjoyed several fun winter activities. From making measurement holiday trees to making these tear snowmen. Aren't the super precious?!?
On our final week, our school hosted a Winter Wonderland Party. Here is my team leader, Kathi, dressed as our favorite Frosty the Snowman! I thought it was a super cute idea. Behind her are our Kindergarten penguins that each child made. I love the creativity. :) Talk about march of over 80 Kinder penguins... and yes the boy ones with bow ties are my kiddos. Love it!
Meet Boobah dressed in his Christmas gear. Boobha is a "loveable" (questionable at best) little mascot of the ELC. So how could you spend a holiday without him?!?! I love Trout's holiday spirit as she set Boobha on Wallace's desk.
This afternoon, Kindergarten enjoyed a fun Holiday Party. I am so thankful for such amazing parents who help go to Dallas and back searching for a book, Gingerbread Friends, just to make sure that we had it to read to our kiddos on this very special party day. Our kids enjoyed story time, gingerbread ornament crafts, and decorating their very own gingerbread cookie. My kids were sure filled with holiday cheer and SUGAR!
After the party, the Kindergarten team got together to enjoy a staff lunch and a little gift exchange. This year we decided that we would each purchase $10 in lottery tickets and would split the winnings four ways. Well after scratching all the game pieces... we WON... $20. So now we will be purchasing a pizza after the break. :)
Before we left for the break, they called all staff members to the gym to announce teacher of the year and beginning teacher of the year. It is an exciting honor but more importantly I am just honored to have a job that I love, with kids that are amazing, and a team that truly wants the best for each child.
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment