As many of us, we like flowery speech, positive outcomes, success, and absolute perfection. I too find myself focusing on the positive blessings that God has provided while frustrated in times when I feel no answer has been given. A few Sundays ago, words were spoken that truly did open my eyes and a new realization was made. Even in times that God may seem silent, He is forever present. As the author of our stories, we are simply one piece to a larger puzzle... It is through those imperfect times that we are defined. It is about making mistakes and the growth that takes place from it. It is about setting an example of His word... by being humble, honest, open, and perfectly imperfect:)
I too am guilty of sugar coating things. I find myself focusing merely on the blessings given but wish that when I pray for patience, I understand that God will provide circumstances that teach me patience... To be open... and to feel comfortable about it. So here is to putting an end to sugar coating life... to opening your arms to life's imperfections and being humble, honest, and open... understanding it is ok to be human:)
1. I am afraid to fail.
2. I work too many hours.
3. I am afraid to pray in front of others as I may mess up or lose my words.
4. As a first year teacher, I do not want to fail my kids.
5. It scares me to think I cannot do everything by myself.
6. I do not like to be alone at night.
7. I eat for comfort.
8. I am not perfect.
9. I wish I had more energy when I get home for my husband and family... cook, clean, etc.
10. I can definitely be selfish.
11. I wish for things others may have.
These are some definite truths in my life that I do not like to focus on but do make me human. I think in life it is important to understand that no one is perfect, no relationship, no family, no person...that it may be our confidence, self control, lack of effort, time, energy, money, commitment, etc... but it is what we do with this knowledge that makes us who we are. I know that while I'm imperfect... God is perfect and has such an amazing story for me.... for all of us. As I was telling a friend today, for those that say they do not believe or have given up on Him, He will not give up on us.
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago

You are one awesome lady, my friend. I definitely relate to several of those. It's nice to put stuff in the open sometimes. :)
ReplyDelete