Step 1: Find a pumpkin patch not too far from home. I myself sometimes forget step 1. I promise it helps. Make sure it has great props for pictures. Location is key. For all of your potty training or trained littles, you have to make sure there are some good and clean bathroom options nearby (or right next door). Plus location is key when your littles start to get hangry. You'll want to have a good lunch/dinner option. We use this sometimes as bribery for those extra special photos. This year we made our way to Casey's Pumpkin Patch in Allen. Perfect little patch with great photos, lots of great options, and adorable signs. Plus it had perfect dining locations literally next door .
Step 2: It's always fun to go with family and friends. Understand that it is next to impossible to get everyone to look at the camera. Know this and be ok with this. These make for the best pictures as it let's their little personalities shine. Like for reals. My child was singing and then talking about her castle. Love her sweet imagination. For family pictures, having a toy or friend making silly noises can help.
Step 3: Let the littles find their own perfect pumpkin. There are always so many to chose from and I have to say it is beyond adorable when your kiddo finds "their" pumpkin. Mine of course found 10-25 mini pumpkins and gourds and even enlisted a sweet friend to help push a huge cart so that she may carry her pumpkin finds. I love their sweet friendship and team work. Also always carry bandaids or enlist a friend who has plenty. Plus how fun is it when they are kid friendly bandaids. Other than finding her own pumpkin that we took home, my daughter spent a lot of time talking about her cute Shopkins bandaid and how Kristin healed her boo boo.
Step 4: For the minis, you must take the customary baby in a basket picture. I mean seriously, let this adorable picture speak for itself. A mini with a mini pumpkin. Enough said.Also be sure to pose your child in front of a prop. We should have realized hay was not our best option as the majority of the hay went into his mouth or stuck to his clothes. He didn't seem to be too upset by it but it was definitely a photo fail for us. I think I'll keep to the basket.
Zellner Family Fall Pumpkin Patching Picture 2016
Liam Owen- 6 months & Aubrey Rose-3
Step 7: Of course after finding your perfect pumpkins and taking a few fun family photos, you got to let kids be kids and enjoy the photo opportunities. I sure love our BOO bears!
Step 8: Enlist friends to hold your babe when you are chasing your bigger kiddos and snapping a few shots or taking kiddos on potty breaks. See step 1. Then of course thank them by having them pose for another picture. (Yes I take way too many pictures!)
Step 9: Be sure to spend time loving on your friends and making adorable fall family/friend memories.














No comments:
Post a Comment